Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Little things that take forever

At this precise moment, I own two Casita trailers. One is my first - a 1985 model from the early days of the company and the other a 'modern' 1998 version. There is an amazing difference in the two. As the company learned from it's customers, their design underwent both big and small changes. For example, the old door is a curved door like you'd see on an airplane while the newer door is square and flat - with a screen. On the '98, the door has a cute little catch to hold it open - believe me, in the West Texas winds, this is an improvement. The old trailer has a regular apartment air conditioner hanging out the back window; the new trailer has a regular A/C unit, but it is mounted inside the trailer wall - you'd kinda have to see it to get what they did, but it makes the egg look much better and is not sitting right over of the bed when it is running. (Much quieter)
A slide-show of the two trailers is at the bottom of the page.


I had found solutions for the oddities of the '85's design so that I could have what I needed in a place that seemed logical to me. When I bought the new trailer, I initially just moved everything over - but those design changes over the years mean that some of my solutions are no longer needed. So I have to look at each little thing & see what effect the design decisions have had on what I need now. Little things like where to put the dog's water bowl. Little things that take forever.
I'm ready to go camping, the boss is really ready, but Eglyntine isn't quite...

2 comments:

  1. where do you anticipate your first camping trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will actually be my 2nd trip this year. I was in Johnson City in February for the Hillapalooza Rally.
    I'm headed out later in April for the Bluebonnet Rally at Bandera. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete