Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring!!

Spring is here - finally! You know that winter is finally over in west Texas when the snow flurries... Ok, we don't usually have flurries in the plural. It was a really unusual winter for us. When the snow flurries turn to windstorms and the white flakes in the air are the petals from early blooming pear and plum trees. The temperatures in a Texas spring can bounce from 20's to 80's and even into the 90's, so we don't know when winter is truly over until the mesquite trees start to green up. The ones in my yard are not showing the slightest green, so I don't have much hope for the fruit set this year.

Ok, I know this isn't about travel yet - probably because I'm not on the road yet. I am in the pre-travel preparation stage.

I took the new trailer (Eglyntine) out last month for the first time. Now I need to move around my 'stuff' to better locations, delete stuff that no longer fits, and load what I need for my next adventure.

1 comment: